Thursday, March 01, 2007

6.45 rocks.

I'm back!

After another prolonged period of non-dad-blogging I've finally pulled my finger out and made it back to the keyboard. Well actually the problem is that I spend most of my waking hours hunched over a keyboard, and I blog as part of my day job - so getting up the energy to write another blog entry in the evening isn't very often something at the top of my list. I need to do it though!

So here I am.

Today it was my turn to get up with O (we're very fair around here - we take it in turns to get up early with O, and to read him his bedtime story). I woke up at 6.45am, the sun was already up, and O was making his usual chatting noises next door. My first thought was "ooh how delicious - I've had a lie-in".

It's not too long ago that waking at 6.45 would have been at best a sign of everyday drudgery and heralded another peak-hour slog into a London office. Now it's a joyous event! After quite a few mornings getting up at 6 and a distressing number at 5.30 (and some even a little earlier than that) believe me, 6.45 rocks.

The only downside? We miss the beginning of the truly ace Balamory.

2 comments:

Nic said...

I dream of lying in until 6.45...

Nx

PS You're not falling for Edie McCready, I hope...

Neil Ward-Dutton said...

I know - 6.45 is a civilised time! Especially in spring and summer.

And no, Edie is beyond the pale. Although I do like a woman who is handy with tools.